Image Gallery: Steeda explorer
Google updated the Gmail design on iOS platform
Google has redesigned Gmail app for iOS and added some new features to it. The company also updated the calendar for iOS.
The new features in Gmail are as follows:
• the option to cancel a message.
• faster search due to its instant results and spelling hints option.
• the ability to put a message in the archive or delete it by swiping it left or right.
New Calendar features:
• Support for the built-in Spotlight search. Now users can search with the help of events, reminders and goals in the Calendar.
• Support for alternative calendars such as lunar, Islamic and Vedic. Along with these calendars you can also see the current calendar.
• View your weekly and monthly schedule in landscape orientation.
It should be recalled that Google Gmail updated its design for iOS last time for almost four years ago back in December.
Google launches mobile-first index testing
Google starts testing mobile-first index. It means that in the near future, the search algorithms will be primarily assessed by the relevance of a mobile version of the page and alternatively by the desktop. This information was published in the company's blog.
Today more and more people are searching through mobile devices. However, Google's ranking system continues evaluating the relevance of the desktop version of the page.
In order to make the search results more useful Google started testing mobile-first index. Although the search index will remain united, eventually Google's ranking algorithms will primarily evaluate the mobile version of the page.
In the coming months Google will experiment the updated index with some users. Having finished the testing, the system will be launched around the world.
Despite the fact that the process of transition to mobile-first index is only on its way to be introduced to the public, Google has prepared several recommendations for the webmasters:
• If your website is configured as an adaptive or dynamic display design, in which the main content and layout are identical for both mobile and desktop devices, no changes to be applied in this case
• If a website configuration requires different content for mobile and desktop devices, it is necessary to perform the following changes:
o Make sure that the structured markup is used in mobile and desktop website version.
o Check the equivalence of micro markup on both desktop and mobile version using the structured Google data testing tool.
o By adding structured data on the mobile website, you should avoid including a large number of micro markup, which is not relevant to a specific content of each document.
o Use a robots.txt file verification tool to verify that the mobile version of the site is accessible to Googlebot.
o It is not necessary to apply changes to the canonical URL. Google will keep considering these attributes to display matching results to mobile and desktop users.
• If you have confirmed only the desktop version of the website in the Search Console, you should also add the mobile resource version.
• If you have only got a desktop website, Google will go on indexing it, even if the mobile user agent is used to view the resource.
• You should keep in mind that when creating a mobile version a functional, focused on desktop website is much better than an incomplete or non-mobile version. Please launch the mobile version only when it is completely ready to use.
As it was already stated earlier Google will launch a separate mobile code and make it the primary in the coming months. Now it turned out that the index will remain the same for all types of documents.
Facebook is planning to act as a competitor to Linkedin
Facebook is currently testing a new service that allows page owners to post vacancies and other users to apply for them. This information was reported by TechCrunch.
Vacant posts will be created at «Jobs» tab. The companies will be able to specify the job title, salary and working conditions. By means of a special feature it will highlight vacancies among other publications in the news feed and attract the attention of users. All ads will be visible in the Jobs section.
Applicants will be able to respond to the announcements using «Apply Now» button. The CV will be generated automatically from the data of user’s profiles. Thus, they will be able to quickly offer its candidature for several jobs without wasting time posting general information.
The companies will receive a feedback through private messages. They will also be able to pay for the posts to attact more people.
Once this feature is launched, Facebook will become a direct competitor to the LinkedIn social network.
We should remind you that Microsoft reported of buyng Linkedin in June. The deal should be done by the end of this year, and its total amount will reach $ 26.2 billion.
Seo Facts #1
Content marketing rocks. Marketing Sherpa reports distribution lead to a 2,000% increase in blog traffic and a 40% increase in revenue.
Seo Facts #132
Facebook and other social media sites ranked as the second most effective marketing method among US small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) surveyed in January. (Source: eMarketer)
Seo Facts #89
88% of B2B companies report using content marketing, with 76% saying they will produce more content. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)